Riblets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
I have had these many times in Apple Bee's they are a very popular item on their menu. Have never seen them in any store then a local store called Save A Lot ran an add of 10lb box for $10.00 that's right a $1.00 per ib. Sound like a sale to me so I bought a box frozen in 1 10lb block.

Surprised at how meaty they were but shouldn't have been as many as I've eat at
Apple Bee's

IMG_0524.jpg

Another shot of the rest of the package

IMG_0525.jpg

Rub down a with a little Tony"s

IMG_0526.jpg

In the smoker
Took about 5 hours

IMG_0527.jpg

The finished product

IMG_0529.jpg

Not sure they are available as a regular stocked item but will diffidently buy them again. They were just a little dry think next time I would pan them after about 3 hours. Where do they come from? They are where they trim a full rack of ribs to make St Louis style ribs.

Sorry no plated photo but everyone sees enough plates of ribs. Granddaughter have some left overs for her breakfast the next morning.

Thanks for looking if you see them in the store go for it.

Warren

Last edited:
I bought some at Winco, grilled some and then smoked a bunch. The wife and son love them and so do I. First time at Applebee's was the all you could eat riblets, good but i sure do like mine better. And the ones I bought had a lot more meat on them then Applebee's had.
I am sure going to buy more!!

Reactions: JC in GB
I bought some at Winco, grilled some and then smoked a bunch. The wife and son love them and so do I. First time at Applebee's was the all you could eat riblets, good but i sure do like mine better. And the ones I bought had a lot more meat on them then Applebee's had.
I am sure going to buy more!!

Nothing beats home made.

Warren

Got a Save-A-Lot store right down the street. Gonna have to stop in on my way home. Thanks for the heads up.

I remember putting a dent in Applebee's supply back in the day! But those look waaay better. I keep my eyes open for boxes of those but nothing yet.

Like for sure. Excellent work :emoji_thumbsup:

Im thinking UGO carries them in a 10lbs box also

What are these riblets cut from? They look similar to the trim meat off of spare ribs.

Thanks...

JC :emoji_cat:

I just have the nice folks at Sam's crosscut a couple of racks of spares at about 3/4"-1" and smoke them up with a coating of Jeff's original rub. They're a big hit around here at the local VFW during Twins and Viking games!!! (and a big jug of Jeff's sauce on the side!!)

Reactions: JC in GB
I bought some at Winco, grilled some and then smoked a bunch. The wife and son love them and so do I. {SNIP}
I started buying them at the local Waremart when they 1st started selling them yrs ago. $.48 a lb! They are good on the grill!

I’ve seen those and wondered if they were Applebee’s style. Now I know and got to give them a try. Seems like they prebake or braise them then grill to order.

Looks good ,, They sell them here in a pack of 4 or five . Uniform cut , and meaty , but they are pricey . Nice cook .

Thanks everyone for the likes they are greatly appreciated. Glad to see they are available in so many areas. You will find them well worth the try.

Warren

Wow---I missed another one for too long!
Looks Outstanding, Warren!!
And Holy Shoot---$1 a pound???
Did you need a gun & a mask???
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky