Ribeye cap steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you buy the whole prime rib roast and break it down yourself, the cost per pound will be much more inexpensive.
I won't say cheaper cause it's still expensive, but you'll get the Ribeye Cap aka Deckle, the Eye of Ribeye and an incredible rack of beef ribs.
Probably 3-4 times more expensive bought separately.
If you're good with a knife you can take the entire Deckle off in one magnificent steak.
That sounds like a plan. Off to lookfor a bone in roast.

I think they call that the deckle, it's that piece around the outside of the ribeye and it is the most tender delicious piece of meat you could buy!
I never thought you could just buy that part. When Judy & I split a ribeye I always give her that piece, but it sure would be nice to get a whole steak like that.
You know maybe the next time I buy a prime rib I will cut that whole piece off & tie it up into steaks, cut the bones off for beef ribs & grind the rest for burgers. Anyhow those steaks look fantastic, and the corn looks pretty darn good too!
BTW, congrats on making the carousel!
Al

LOL---That has always been my favorite part of a Ribeye.
Whenever we split a Ribeye I always give Mrs Bear part of the center eye, because "It's all nice red meat without fat".
And Me being the nice guy that I am gets stuck with that outer part that's a Tender, Juicy, and Fatty.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: nanuk and wbf610
That is a great looking meal. A great piece of meat and I see expensive as well. A definite Like for sure....
Congrats on the carousel ride.

Reactions: wbf610
Ooops!!
Sorry about that!!
I gave the right guy the "Like", but a brain fart moved in.
Must be all that Fresh Lehigh County air!!

Bear
No problem at all. I’ll let it go this time since we live in the same county. :D Today is going to be beautiful here. I prepped, and am doing those pork belly braid things today.

14FD4FBB-88E0-4309-BE0D-0F2C3DBB7FBA.jpeg

No problem at all. I’ll let it go this time since we live in the same county. :D Today is going to be beautiful here. I prepped, and am doing those pork belly braid things today.

Cool !!!
That's the kinda rope I like to see!
Don't let me miss that---I miss so many good ones!
BTW: I'm glad I got my mowing done yesterday---They're predicting rain for the next 15 days.

Bear

Cool !!!
That's the kinda rope I like to see!
Don't let me miss that---I miss so many good ones!
BTW: I'm glad I got my mowing done yesterday---They're predicting rain for the next 15 days.

Bear
I saw the forecast. I’d almost prefer that, than the heat and humidity. I did my grass the other night, so I wouldnt have to this weekend.

I’ll tag you in the thread for them when I do it. Was going to do them at home, but we are visiting friends this afternoon, so I’ll be doing them on his kettle.

I saw the forecast. I’d almost prefer that, than the heat and humidity. I did my grass the other night, so I wouldnt have to this weekend.

I’ll tag you in the thread for them when I do it. Was going to do them at home, but we are visiting friends this afternoon, so I’ll be doing them on his kettle.

Great !!
Have a Great Weekend!!

Bear

When I get rib roasts on sale around the holidays for $6.00/lb. and leave a little meat on the bones from the eye of ribeye for beef ribs I remove the cap from the entire roast. The whole seven bone prime rib roast has a cap about 1"X 8"X 18". You can cut steaks from this flat piece or roll it upon itself and tie off each pinwheel steak to the thickness you want and cut. Since I stole some of the eye for rib meat I cut those two inches thick and they resemble filets and now the inter muscular fat on each eye steak is on the outside and can crisp. I always hated it when cooking a regular ribeye steak and the cap would cook faster than the eye and would disconnect at one end from the ribbon of inter muscular fat and flop around when you flipped it.

Looks fantastic and I am having ta wipe the drool from my chin. My favorite way to do corn is on the grill and it always turns out well. Happy grilling

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky