Rib Steak on My “Q” (Teriyaki)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your steak taters and green beans look great Bear! Tasty looking plate as usual!

Out of all the commercial teriyaki marinades I have had, that Soy Vey was probably the best of them all. I just like a lot of sesame and ginger flavor. But they all need some help.

I make teriyaki a lot! Mostly because that's what Mrs. BEV asks for often. Give this teriyaki recipe a shot. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/sesame-ginger-teriyaki-wings-and-football.291040/

Some of my best tips for teriyaki I can give...

• Don't expect a marinade to serve the same purpose as the glaze or dipping sauce. Make two different sauces for two different purposes. Simply pour some of your marinade in a pan and reduce it down until it is thick and syrupy. Add additional brown or white sugar, mirin (honey or agave also works- or even <EEK> corn syrup!) if desired to taste. If you are starting from a commercial "sauce" such as the Soy Vey, I may add more sesame oil or fresh grated ginger (must use fresh ginger not powder) as well.
  • Try using ponzu to start with instead of soy sauce for your teriyaki recepie. You can buy commercial ponzu but here is an easy recipe to make it:
    • 1/3 Cup lemon juice
    • 1/3 Cup lime juice
    • 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
    • 1 Cup Soy sauce
    • 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
    • 1/4 Cup Mirin
  • Always start low sodium soy. Also there are MUCH better types of soy sauce to buy than Kikkoman. Use SHOYU type or even Tamari. Quality matters.

Thanks A Lot, BEV!!!
Copied & Saved!!
Never too much info on Sesame Ginger Teriyaki !!
Like,

Bear

Reactions: fullborebbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky