Reverse Seared Tri Tip & Tater Wedges!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks amazing bud. Cooked just how I like it. I have 6 or 7 in the freezer. Might just have to break one out this weekend

Wow!! That looks outstanding. Beautiful cook on the tri tip and the plate looks super tasty. Great job by all.

Robert
Thanks Robert! Just LOVING the new pellet! I didn’t realize how poorly the functionally of my old one was....

Dude that looks awesome!
That is a perfectly cooked TT, for our taste’s.
That is an excellent meal for Judy & I!
Al
Many thanks Al!!! This is an all time fav here too......it is my daughters all time fav. Simple and full of flavor. We don’t like bloody red TT like PR and steak but that little bit over mid rare for TT is spot on!
YUM!!! that might be about my favorite meal.
Sandy, I agree with you! Red beef, roots and golden spuds....what else to you need?

Everything looks Perfect from here, Civil !!
Nice Job to All !!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear! It was suppose to be just a simple meat & left over spuds night

Awesome meal civil.

Warren
Much appreciated Warren!
Looks amazing bud. Cooked just how I like it. I have 6 or 7 in the freezer. Might just have to break one out this weekend
Thanks Jake! It’s a perfect time of year for TT. Just something about having it in the fall with cooked temps. It just seems right.....like all is good in the world!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Aw come on now. We all do it so don't try denying our natural tendencies :emoji_wink:

Robert

Ok, I even licked the resting pan.....that stuff is pure gold!!!!!! I mean the best slice is that second slice in that you pick up and dredge in that pure gold flavored goodness!!!!!

I’ve been wanting to try out the new tec-teq super smoke since I got it and thought a reverse seared TT would be the perfect test. The wife picked up a pre marinaded TT from Costco so I tossed it on at 4 to hit with the 180 supper smoke at 6 the IT was only 92 but it was looking perfect!
View attachment 513379
the kiddos and me were getting hungry so on the grill grates Weber it went for the sear!
View attachment 513383
I also took some time to pan sear some roots seasoned with simple S@P
View attachment 513380
since the grill was already going I punched it up to 425 to finish the roots while the TT was searing.
View attachment 513381
I pulled the TT when the center was 130 to rest for a few then sliced away!
View attachment 513382
pretty dang pleased at this point!

and now the match up with the Yukon gold tater wedges the boy seared up, he done good!!!!
View attachment 513384
Simple smoked & seared TT money!
View attachment 513385
over all very pleased with the smoke ring and the resulting flavor! Thanks for viewing din din at our house tonight!
Exactly how we do it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky