Reverse Seared Ribeyes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin kat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Dallas, Oregon
Had a hankering for steak, and found a couple of ribeyes that wouldn't break the bank. 

Sprinkled both sides with some smoked kosher salt, and let them dry brine in the fridge for a couple of hours. 

Next, I sprinkled a bit of sweet beef rub on both sides, then put them into the MAK for about an hour to soak up some smoke.

Then I turned the grill to HIGH, but was feeling hungry and impatient, so only waited for the grill to reach about 415° before I put the steaks onto the searing grate.  Couple of minutes on each side, and we reached 140° IT!! 

It was my first time using a searing grate to get more pronounced sear marks, and thought it was pretty darn good for first go for an impatient girl with a hungry belly. :) 

It had some nice crispy bits of fat on the edges like I love, too!!  

I think next time I'll dial back the smoke time to 30-45 minutes, and allow the grill to heat up a bit hotter before I throw them on to sear.  Note to self-- eat a snack before desperation sets in! :) 

Great Looking Steaks!

points1.png

Hi Kat...from where I'm sitting, those look terrific!  We love RS steaks, and yours look beautiful!  Very nicely done!  
icon14.gif

points.gif

Red

Awesome looking steaks!!!

We like them rare, so I pull them at 115-120.

But yours look delicious!

Point for sure!!!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky