Reverse seared beef tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FishAndBeer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 4, 2020
Wisconsin
My local grocery store had tenderloins on sale for 7.99 a lb. I picked one up and decided to revearse sear it whole...

Started my coals with some post oak and got the kettle up to around 250... while it was warming up I put a foil pan in there with a stick of butter, some rosemary, fresh minced garlic and a little worcestershire.. I would baste every 10 degrees or so but wasn't really keeping track.. Didn't have any butchers twine so I used aluminum foil to try and keep it together and tight lol
smoking1.jpg

Pulled it off where the thickest part was 123 and let it rest while I fired up my blackstone.. brushed some of the garlic off the top before I seared it
before sear.jpg

When the blackstone was heated up I hit it on every side for 2 minutes
seared.jpg

Now I know this isnt just the main part of the tenderloin it still has the chain and such attached, but I don't really mind I will seperate it after I cut it up anyways .. but here it is cut up after I seared it
cut.jpg
seperated.jpg

Man did this smell and taste awesome... We made sandwiches with some horseradish sauce
sandwich.jpg

And I also cooked a batch of chicken dumpling soup for the week and we had some with it
soup.jpg

Everything turned out great! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Man you nailed that tenderloin!! I’d tear that up. I love sticking up on tenderloin when it’s $7.99 for whole ones a Kroger. I’ll bet that soup is very good too.

Reactions: FishAndBeer
Everything looks fantastic from my seat!!
Cheers tag it was thank you!
Man you nailed that tenderloin!! I’d tear that up. I love sticking up on tenderloin when it’s $7.99 for whole ones a Kroger. I’ll bet that soup is very good too.
thanks jcam... My local store is Kroger owned haha I grabbed a couple on that deal... and the chicken dumpling soup was awesome... one of my favorites!!

Beautiful job on that tenderloin, Mark. And just the thought of chicken dumplings has me drooling--haven't had any of those for decades.
Gary
Thanks Gary! You might have to cook up a batch soon lol!
I love tenderloin tails. Yeah to get it at that price, the scrap is attached.

Great cook.
Thanks... Yeah I know its not all the loin and true fillets but boy is it good! The scrap doesn't bother me it tastes great! Heck for 20 bones you cant go wrong!

The doneness on that beef is perfect! The chicken dumpling soup sounds awesome too but I’m enjoying some awesome weather in PA...soups like reality will return shortly.

Very, very well done!! That roast looks perfectly cooked. I'd have been inclined to do something other than sandwiches but no doubt they were amazing. Nice job!! It's getting toward chicken and dumplings time here and am looking forward to making a batch.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky