Reverse Flow Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In short, temperature control is much easier because there is a continuous baffle under the cooking area which allows the smoke and heat to pass under the baffle, heating the baffle(storing energy and increasing efficiency), then the smoke passes over the food kissing it ever so gently, and on to the chimney it goes.

The stored energy of the baffle creates a really quick recover time if you open the door to peek. In my case, the Lang 60 also makes a really great grill because the baffle prevents flame ups but can still go to 550 for grilling. Also, the reverse flow system creates a moist cook because the baffle is so hot and so close to the cooking grates, that grease drippings sizzle and create sort of a self basting environment that just sounds and smells great!

For me, reverse flow means that it is wicked easy and you can't screw up the food. I can't think of any disadvantages?

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...t=reverse+flow

Steve:-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky