• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

reverse flow propane tank smoker or brick yard smoker?

flatrock dave

Joined Jan 15, 2011
I've been doing 30 pound lambs for years on a rotiesorie i built,now i want a smoker,want to be able to do several butts or chickens at a time.i really like some of the 250lb propane tank builds on this site,i can get a 250lb tank for 125.00.really would like to build something i could take the racks out of and rotisorie a small pig or lamb any thoughts out there, thanks flatrock

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
It all depends on your needs and wants.

If there is no need to travel with a rig then I say go for a built in pit. That could be the start of a new backyard kitchen.

BTW Welcome to the site.

No matter which route you take, please post pics of the build.

bamaboy

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 26, 2010
I agree with Tom,I am curious as how you could work out a rotisserie in a propane tank type smoker.I really would like to build one someday.good luck with your build and welcome to the SMF

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.