Reverse Flow 300L Air Tank Build in Greece...$20 Stick Welder and Angle Grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I would stay away from inflatable wheels.   

They only hold air for about 5 mins.   At least the ones down here do.
I know they are a pain.  I have some on my little lifting dolly...one holds air perfect and the other constantly deflates.  

My problem is having to roll the smoker around the yard on dirt, grass and uneven terrain.  Regular castors may have a tendency to dig in and not roll so well.  

I'm back after a bit of a delay.  Had to get a lot of work done lately, plus take care of some property and inheritance matters.  

Anyway, I'll just jump right into it and start uploading pics.  I got a bit of work done as you folks will see...

Mounts for second rack.  

Door handles.  

Smoke stack mounted.  I don't have a good pic at this stage.  It's a 12cm sq. tube.  Rain cap and damper being sized to fit.  

More to come....

More updates....

Working on the wild Olive wood handle for the main door.  This was a field find that was cut 1-2 years before.  Wild Olive is famous for it's hardness and durability.  The wood is known to last 10+ years laying on the ground.

Started grinding, rust removing and painting at the same stages to prevent further rust.  I was losing the war with rust.  Any worse and I would need to have it media blasted.  

I think the flat red and black goes well together as final colors.  Thinking of doing the frame parts in red brick and the panels and main body in black.  These were the only high temp colors I found locally, so I'm going to run with it!  

Semi-profile view.  

New hinges.  I wasn't happy with the hardware store/ wood stove style hinges, so I decided to create my own.  They aren't anything special...just what I can do with my angle grinder.  Very heavy duty and the door travels nicely.  

You can see from this pic that when the door is raised it will come in contact with the chimney.  I planned this when I made the chimney spacing on the horizontal piece that leads into the vertical.  I didn't want to design counterweights, prop rods or doorstops.  I have a chain on my previous smoker build and it gets annoying when you have to use two hands to operate the door.  I like the one-handed operation.

Cheers,

Dan

It just finished raining when I took the pics, so don't think the paint looks like the pics normally.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky