Retirement goes on hold

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is "blue shield site" something different than the healthcare.gov site? I have Blue Cross Blue Shield as my ACA provider and my plan is $750 deductible, max OOP is $8000, fixed price for wellness visits, and $5 prescriptions.
Be using Blue Cross Blu Shield of Texas. I not willing to roll the dice and going with the

1607449823798.png

I really thought about the other plan. Would save $2100 in premiums could put toward deductible but if something major happened?

I really thought about the other plan. Would save $2100 in premiums could put toward deductible but if something major happened?
The difference is plan costs is very State dependent. Wyoming is one of the more expensive due to our low population and a number of rural communities. To put it into perspective, my cost for my identical plan if I went directly through Blue Cross would be around $2,800 a month. My subsidy is in the $3,000 range. This is why it's so important for folks to look at all of the options.

Well I have my new patient appt made and my ACA application submitted. Had to get help from local broker. Kept saying not accepting online applications now. What is was you have to go back to the Market web site and make a payment there. Got a nice savings by using the BCBS site though. Many Thanks for all the help. You guys are the best. I really needed the push. I really should of worked couple more years but I was at my breaking point. I still need give noticed. Planning on First week Feb.

Good deal . I laid awake for awhile , but that goes away . Now I just have the nightmares to get over . It all works out .

We planned for years so I was essentially ready a year or two before I made the move. When the bottom fell out of the coal industry, my business really slowed down. Then COVID reared it's ugly head.

Mrs~t~'s pension was based on her highest 5 years out of the last 10 years which was a payout, or payment options for life. We rolled her retirement IRA into a self directed IRA. We both had beefed up our Roths to use for cash if needed while on ACA. In about a year we will start Social Security and can draw from any of the other IRAs.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Has not been much sleep lately.
I'm going to ask you a question . When you think about not working at your current job anymore , do you feel relieved ? Get a smile on your face ? If so it's time . Get out of there . Take some time to breath . Cover yourself for now , then figure the next move .

Has not been much sleep lately. Nothing like just laying in bed trying to shut your brain off!
I was at that stage before I gave notice. I didnt give it hat much thought - then it was the week of and many sleepless nights. then I just walked in and said, its time for the next chapter...Im leaving. She was stunned.
I'm going to ask you a question . When you think about not working at your current job anymore , do you feel relieved ? Get a smile on your face ? If so it's time . Get out of there . Take some time to breath . Cover yourself for now , then figure the next move .
Well said chopsaw chopsaw my wife and I smile all the time. we say IQMJ on texted and teams chat. IQMJ = I Quit My Job!!! Best ever.

I was at that stage before I gave notice. I didnt give it hat much thought - then it was the week of and many sleepless nights. then I just walked in and said, its time for the next chapter...Im leaving. She was stunned.

Well said chopsaw chopsaw my wife and I smile all the time. we say IQMJ on texted and teams chat. IQMJ = I Quit My Job!!! Best ever.

I know that feeling. If I feel the need to do something, I do it. If I don't I don't. More time to run my smoker.

So I was getting ready to give my notice. I was told by fellow worker not to do until you ready to walk out the door. Someone gave notice early this week and they walked them to the door. I not leaving until Feb to get my 401K match. I though give them some time to hire someone and start training. What was I thinking! Got to give 2 week to get vacation paid out so guess wait until than.

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma it's a shame that today's world has no honor anymore . Do what ever it takes to get what they owe you and take care of you . I know it's hard to do .

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma Some of the oil & gas and construction companies around here are that way, but usually it's because an employee is quitting to go to work for a competitor. Retiring is a whole different story. Mrs ~t~ agreed to 30 days for training her replacement.

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma Some of the oil & gas and construction companies around here are that way, but usually it's because an employee is quitting to go to work for a competitor. Retiring is a whole different story. Mrs ~t~ agreed to 30 days for training her replacement.
I don't feel right just giving a 2 week notice but to much riding on staying until Feb. I guess now a days we just a number.

It depends on the company. If you feel you can trust HR broach the idea that you are considering retirement at some point in 2021 and see the response. Depending on how HR responds you can decide how/when to let them know.

construction companies around here are that way, but usually it's because an employee is quitting to go to work for a competitor.
Don't know where you're from , but we don't do each other like that here . If work was getting slow , I'd let them know so they could start lookin . If they came to me and said another contractor has 5 months of work for them , I'd say just let me know when you need to leave . What goes around comes around .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky