Retired in Thailand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank You
One of the ways I will be adapting is the choice of smoking woods. Smoking is not a big thing over here. They do smoke fish with the leftovers from the rice harvest, but its a very acrid smoke. I have managed to get myself some Lychee sawdust for smoking and will be using soon.

Tim

Last edited:
One of the ways I will be adapting is the choice of smoking woods. Smoking is not a big thing over here. They do smoke fish with the leftovers from the rice harvest, but its a very acrid smoke. I have managed to get myself some Lychee sawdust for smoking and will be using soon.

Tim

Lychee??
The first time I saw a Mama-san chewing that Lychee Fruit, I thought she had some kind of disease, with the red juice running down her chin. I guess that's the same stuff.

Bear

Thank You On the lookout for a drum. I assume it needs to be a drum that was used for food and not chemical or petroleum products.
In theory, pretty much any barrel can be used once it's burned out by loading it with wood and getting it white-hot. Even galvanized garbage cans could be used, as long as you burn them out really well, then wash'um out before you use them. The reason the galvi. can will never see temps close enough to the galvi off gas temp if used as a smoker properly, anything under 450* would be more than safe.

Good luck.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky