Restored My Father's Pseudo-Kamado "Hibachi" Now with Q-View!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome job!!!!!!!      
welder.gif

So a brief epilogue: I took this little smoker/grill/kamado on our camping vacation over Tioga Pass.

19f33cda_IMG_1877.jpg

Fired up the kamado and it really drew a crowd. 

7051498a_IMG_1811.jpg

Families on both sides of our camp site commented on it.  One neighbor's wife told me that was all she heard about from her husband the first night he saw it.  He came over and asked me all about it and kept saying what a great heirloom it was and will be.  One of my neighbors on the other side reminisced about her family's old smoker and the great eats it produced.  The smell of hickory smoke really took her back. 

I was quite surprised by all of the hubub it generated!

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I was watching "The Graduate" the other night and noticed a very close cousin to your Kamado. In the pool party scene where Ben's parents give him the scuba suit, they have a grill shaped and sized just like yours, only theirs is all black and on legs that put it about 3 or 4 feet high. Funny what things we notice:)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky