Replacement Water Pan for Master Forge Propane

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pahunter53

Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
Anyone know where I can get a replacement water pan for the master forge vertical propane smoker?  

The pan is square 13.75 x 13.75.  I've been doing a ton of searching and came up emptying.

Thanks

Good morning pahunter53,

You can obtain replacement parts buy calling their Customer Service Department at (800) 963-0211. The manual shows it as Water Bowl, Part # 301-02017-00. One thing you may want to try to increase heat efficiency is remove the front & rear edges/flange of the water bowl. This will allow space for the heat to rise. When they designed these they made the bowls too large IMHO. Since I removed the flanges on mine it performed much better and uses less fuel. Hope this helps.

Steve

Just go to walmart and get a aluminum baking pan to fit right in there. You may consider filling it with sand and covering with foil.

The pans i'm referring to is the toss away ones. As long as the sand is covered you can just leave it in there in a toss away pan for near the end of time

My water bowl is rusted and when trying to clean it pits and holes were revealed so I came looking for replacement information as well. I dont have confidence that I would receive the replacement from the manufacturer in time to smoke my turkey breast for Thanksgiving (one week from today). After reading this thread, Ive got two questions.

1: The manual (i think) says to not operate the smoker without the water bowl. Is it advisable to go against their instructions?
2: The aluminum baking pans from walmart, are they heavy duty enough to withstand the direct heat from the propane burner? Meaning, do I put it in the same position as the original or do I need to position it differently (i assume I need to at least put it on rack)? Oh, and are they a direct replacement, do they just fit right in there?
Okay, three questions..
3: Is the sand being mentioned just everyday "play sand" like is sold at HD or Lowes?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 13
My water bowl is rusted and when trying to clean it pits and holes were revealed so I came looking for replacement information as well. I dont have confidence that I would receive the replacement from the manufacturer in time to smoke my turkey breast for Thanksgiving (one week from today). After reading this thread, Ive got two questions.

1: The manual (i think) says to not operate the smoker without the water bowl. Is it advisable to go against their instructions?
2: The aluminum baking pans from walmart, are they heavy duty enough to withstand the direct heat from the propane burner? Meaning, do I put it in the same position as the original or do I need to position it differently (i assume I need to at least put it on rack)? Oh, and are they a direct replacement, do they just fit right in there?
Okay, three questions..
3: Is the sand being mentioned just everyday "play sand" like is sold at HD or Lowes?

Thanks for any help!
The water bowl helps stabilize the temperature by serving as a thermal mass. Yes, the playground sand can be purchased at either Lowes or Home Depot. At least that’s where I buy it. Less than $5 for like a 40 or 50 lb. bag.

Reactions: brandonh
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky