• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Replaced heating element and still nothing

Tim1970

Joined Feb 16, 2020
I recently replaced the element in my smoker. It looks like the ground corroded on the inside and my wife said it shot a blue spark out of the bottom when it originally stopped working. Control panel works and the the old element definitely shorted out as it had a significant blowout. What's my next step to getting this fixed?

Thanks in advance.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
I really no nothing much about this, but my guess would be there must be a burnt up wire or connection somewhere in the middle, did you take the back panel off and check the wiring. maybe one of the pro's will chime in to help.

Tree68

Joined Feb 15, 2020
I recently replaced the element in my smoker. It looks like the ground corroded on the inside and my wife said it shot a blue spark out of the bottom when it originally stopped working. Control panel works and the the old element definitely shorted out as it had a significant blowout. What's my next step to getting this fixed?

Thanks in advance.
did you reattach the ground?
test for power at the element

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
wife said it shot a blue spark out of the bottom when it originally stopped working.
Not sure what model you have , but Un plug the smoker and look on the bottom . Should be an access door . Remove that and look for damage .

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 12, 2019
I agree with every one that said remove the back to look for other damage or grounding.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Yes it is sealed. You will have to drill out the rivets to get the outer shell off to further investigate. The good news is they are all easily replaceable with screws

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.