Remote Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey adam

I picked up the same one a few weeks back at Target. I have only used it a couple times now. Just used it on sat. It has worked great so far. IT is handy. I know that there are a few others on here that have them too.

Can I ask how much you paid for it at Walmart? I got mine for 17.99 at Target. I haven't seen them at the two Walmarts by me. All I have seen at Walmart is accurites that weren't remote.

Let me know how yours works for you.

Kookie

Yes, i got one of those.... I like some qualities of the ET - 73 better... it has 2 probes... one for smoker temp and one for food temp... downfall = the on/off switches stink!!

but the SMART BBQ works well...its priced right...cool little LED flashlight in the remote... downfall = only one probe.... i didnt actually put this one in boiling water to check it but did my other one and with the probes pretty close together in a butt the temp was about 7*- 10* higher than the other....

Smokey's my Pet gave me one from Oregon Scientific... its remote and talks to ya!.... one probe.... i like this one.... nice and makes good conversation when voice out of nowhere says " Its nearly done".... its really funny in the 6 languages it comes with....

Just today i gave all three of them a try together... they didn't interfere with each other.....

It was 14.99 at Walmart. Seems to work ok, saved me from going out and checking it. I only had a small instant read thermometer and wanted to get a probe so I didn't have to open the smoker and let all the heat out in this sub-freezing weather. This was the only one that walmart had, I've never seen them there before last night. They were just setting up all the new outdoor grills and such so your local walmart will probably have them this season. Now to find out since there is only 1 probe if I can use 2 at once. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky