Remote 2 probe meat thermometer questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hangmanli

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 2, 2017
Long Island, NY
fellas,

I’m new to smoking and just got a Bradley Smoker. I bought this dual probe remote meat thermometer. The reviews were good. However I’d like to know if any of you folks have used this model? Does anyone have any experience with it? Good or not?

ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer with Dual Probe for Smoker Grill BBQ Thermometer
Thanks for any helpful advice

Hi there! I just bought the same model and don't regret it. Before I used them I placed both probes in ice water then in hot water to test how accurate each one is. They were fluctuating 1°+/- from each other. There are many great reviews on this model. Also one great thing is they have a company representative that monitors the forum and is around to answer questions. Checknout the thermometer forum and you'll see all the reviews. I was able to use mine last night while I smoked some summer sausage and it was nice to be inside and monitor the temp.

Good testimony: while I was inside doing things around the house I noticed the temp was up about 20° hotter than usual. When I went to Check on the meat there was a small fire in the wood box. If it hadnt been for the temp probe the sausage would have over cooked and all the wood pellets would have burnt up way before they should have.

Hope the helps, Tony

Happy smoke trails to you.

Forgot to add. I actually like it so much I'm going to get the single problem model also for my oven when doing meats. So when I'm watching a movie or computer work I don' have to keep going to the oven. Im sure youll enjoy.

I was thinking about getting that one so I can look at pit temps in the house

I got a 6-probe model from Amazon and it works fantastic!
morpilot.jpg

Very accurate, can monitor remotely all 6 probes on my iPhone, excellent range to my neighbor's and my mailbox across the street, you can set maximum temps and timers on all probes, silicon probe handles good up to 483° F.

Reactions: motolife313
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky