Remembering Our Friends in Moore, Oklahoma This Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah I'm in Bethany, Red. Not too far outside of Moore. This weather is ripe for twisters but looks like it may be ok. If you want to call lightning bouncing off the ground ok. People have been great here but weather really stinks. You guys put up with this every year?

Yeah I'm in Bethany, Red. Not too far outside of Moore. This weather is ripe for twisters but looks like it may be ok. If you want to call lightning bouncing off the ground ok. People have been great here but weather really stinks. You guys put up with this every year?

Yeah, some years are worse than others! This has been a rough storm season so far, even for Oklahoma.

Just got word from our DIL, her parents' house in Broken Arrow, a Tulsa suburb, was hit in the last half hour or so. Not destroyed, but some damage...they don't know how bad yet.

Hope you all got thru the evening safe! You guys deserve a break! Saw on the news that OBR had served (as of yesterday) 122k meals in Moore. These folks are awesome!!!! :xrocker::xrocker::xrocker:

Last edited:
Geerock and Red-

Might hunker down again today. It is supposed to get pretty bad in our neck of the woods around 5 PM. Just as all the storm chasers say "stay weather aware today folks".

Geerock and Red-

Might hunker down again today. It is supposed to get pretty bad in our neck of the woods around 5 PM. Just as all the storm chasers say "stay weather aware today folks".
Stay safe, Leo!  Here we go again!

Red

Reactions: okieleo
Another long night. Incredible storms came through with heavy damage, vehicles overturned, and we are hearing several more deaths. I have always come to these disaster areas after the fact, but I've been here for about 8 days and the last few days have been damaging storms with today culminating in very intensive winds, amazing amounts of water, thousands of lightning strikes, and trees and cars literally being thrown. Simply incredible show of power by mother nature. Never been through an explosion of weather like that in my life. Hang on if you're in the area because it may not be over.
Everyone listening, I hate to bang too hard on this but these folks needed help before........ they're going to be desperate for your support after this latest blast. Please do what you can and Red, okieleo, smokeamotive, and all others let us know you are ok. And Illinois and Missouri areas are in the path of these monsters so watch out.

Last edited:
Another long night. Incredible storms came through with heavy damage, vehicles overturned, and we are hearing several more deaths. I have always come to these disaster areas after the fact, but I've been here for about 8 days and the last few days have been damaging storms with today culminating in very intensive winds, amazing amounts of water, thousands of lightning strikes, and trees and cars literally being thrown. Simply incredible show of power by mother nature. Never been through an explosion of weather like that in my life. Hang on if you're in the area because it may not be over.
Everyone listening, I hate to bang too hard on this but these folks needed help before........ they're going to be desperate for your support after this latest blast. Please do what you can and Red, okieleo, smokeamotive, and all others let us know you are ok. And Illinois and Missouri areas are in the path of these monsters so watch out.
Thanks again, geerock!

Don't want to beat that dead horse, either.  I know that many of you have already given...and thanks!  To those of you who can, there are lots of worthy charities (some of which have already been mentioned in this thread) that are providing relief in Central Oklahoma...and they could still use your help.  The people in the OKC area can't seem to catch a break...every time they begin making some progress, another severe storm rolls through.

Red

Well, we seem to have made it through another scary evening here in Tulsa. No big damage in the metro but lots of scattered tornado strikes around us. Plenty of job security right now for those of us who work in the local emergency departments. Thanks to all who have traveled to OK to help us in the clean up process.

No big problems up here in KC, in fact it's a beautiful day today. Prayers going out to all of you in the OKC area. You all just seem to keep bearing the brunt of the bad weather and can't catch a break long enough to get some clean-up done! Now my concerns are for my Niece who is at music festival in Arkansas at Wakarusa. She and some friends are tent camping. Lots of storms and rain in the area. Her mother hasn't heard from her in a couple of days, (poor cell service). Hopin there all Ok!

Update......News reports that 9 people are dead and 75 injured after last night storms in OKC. Prayers going out for all those affected! :51:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky