Reheating Ribs and Such

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I used my SV to reheat some ribs a couple weeks ago- 160 for about 1.5 hours or so - they were not quite that warm. they were thick baby backs. I was planning on 2 hours but s**t happened and it is what it is.

I am planning to reheat the rest tonight. Should I raise the temp or extend the time? What do most of you use for a reheating time and temp? tonights are at refrigerated temp - fully thawed.

many thanks

Never tried to re-heat with an SV. I usually wrap them in foil and toss them in the oven or smoker until they are warm. If you bump it up let us know how it turns out might have to try it in the future. My only problem is I am too damn lazy to cut and seal large enough SV bags for ribs.

its usually just me and my tiny wife so I normally freeze them in halves anyways. Ill report back assuming I can get home and get it together with enough time...mass shortage of time lately...

either way its Friday and I have the essentials - beer whisky and wine. Ribs are going to be eaten one way or the other. :)

ok trying 160 for 3 hours. got home with time to fire it up. I will report back

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
hi guys, sorry... They turned out real good! reheating with the SV definitely keeps them from being over cooked. When i oven reheat they are good, but a little too FOTB. SV is like they just came off the smoker same texture and all. and I feel more comfortable leaving the SV running while i come and go - could be a false sense of security...but our oven heating element went out once and it looked like an arch welding situation. SV would just pop the GFR and the show would end.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky