• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Reheat Sous Vide brisket

smokinjoe52

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 28, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving!

Once I have thawed a sealed brisket (previously smoked and SV'ed) in the fridge for a couple days, what SV water temperature and times are approximate for say 5lb flat to reheat to serving temp.? Since you can't temp. probe it, I need a suggestion. My guess would be 165F water for an hour???

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
165f is fine. I might go a bit more than an hour depending on how thick it is. Note that there are adhesive foam strips you can attach to the bag that will allow you to insert a probe without leaking.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
I first saw it on an insert that came with a Thermoworks needle probe I bought. Amazon carries it too. You need to use a thin needle probe with it as a standard probe will most likely leak. Haven't used it myself - seemed to be more work than necessary.

Last edited:

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I just did a point end , but I do it from frozen . Comes out great . I used a lower temp and went around 3 hours .
165 certainly works .

smokinjoe52

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 28, 2012
I first saw it on an insert that came with a Thermoworks needle probe I bought. Amazon carries it too. You need to use a thin needle probe with it as a standard probe will most likely leak. Haven't used it myself - seemed to be more work than necessary.
Happen to know the name of the product? Looked on Amazon, but can't find them.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014

smokinjoe52

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 28, 2012
Thanks for the info. I will get some of that stuff. I just upgraded the old Thermapen to a Thermapen IR. It is needle probe like. I use the IR for frying pan temp. Works well, but wish it had a backlight like the non-IR model, but apparently not enough battery compartment room with the IR stuff added.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.