Reheat Sous Vide brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinjoe52

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids IA
Happy Thanksgiving!

Once I have thawed a sealed brisket (previously smoked and SV'ed) in the fridge for a couple days, what SV water temperature and times are approximate for say 5lb flat to reheat to serving temp.? Since you can't temp. probe it, I need a suggestion. My guess would be 165F water for an hour???

165f is fine. I might go a bit more than an hour depending on how thick it is. Note that there are adhesive foam strips you can attach to the bag that will allow you to insert a probe without leaking.

I first saw it on an insert that came with a Thermoworks needle probe I bought. Amazon carries it too. You need to use a thin needle probe with it as a standard probe will most likely leak. Haven't used it myself - seemed to be more work than necessary.

Last edited:
I just did a point end , but I do it from frozen . Comes out great . I used a lower temp and went around 3 hours .
165 certainly works .

Thanks for the info. I will get some of that stuff. I just upgraded the old Thermapen to a Thermapen IR. It is needle probe like. I use the IR for frying pan temp. Works well, but wish it had a backlight like the non-IR model, but apparently not enough battery compartment room with the IR stuff added.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky