reheat question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ldrus

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2007
Westville, Indiana
this is the first time that i am making pulled pork to eat the next day i have pulled them off the smoker at about 5:30 and now are wrapped in towels sitting in my cooler  will be putting in fridge  soon  but how should i go about reheating it tomorrow ?

It will never pull easier than when you take it out of the cooler hot!

Pull it and bag it in baggies then refridgerate it .

Tomorrow you can reheat it in the baggies in a pan that has lightly boiling water.

Do not allow the top of the bags to become submerged.

Alternately; after it is pulled, place it all in a container and refridgerate.

tomorrow put it all in a crockpot add just a small amount of water or sauce and cover

until it is as warm as you want it.

Good Luck

Another way to do it would be to pull it and place the meat into a roasting pan once done foil the top tight. Tomorrow add either some apple juice or finishing sauce mix it in well then put the foil back on tight and into the oven or smoker to reheat

cool.gif

I like the steamer for re-heating smoked meats. To me it adds more smokey flavor and kjeeps the meat really moist too. You can get a good steamer pot from wally world for maybe 25.00 bucks or so.

We use the vacum sealer here to pkg and freeze all meat .

The vac bags can be put into boiling water to reheat .

i have heard of the bags leaking before but have never had it happen to me.

i ahve also used the steaming method to reheat a large quantity at one time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky