refrgerator as a smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NM
my first post, i have a very old refregerator i am in the process of converting into a hot meat smoker, it is all metal no plastic, pretty small its perfect for what im doing, i have small holes at the bottom for air inlet and a small metal vent at the top for a damper to release smoke and control heat, i bought a small hot plate warmer and put a pan on chips on it and it smoked perfectly i left it turned on for about 45 minutes and the hottest it got was 140 degrees, i had to leave so i turned it off, wondering should i leave on longer to see if it will reach 200-225 degrees or shoud it of reached the temp after 45 miniutes,

I will look at it and post a reply, however its small I paid like $9.00 for it at walmart, thanks for helping my friend

yes there is, its a well insulated box. i had a huge thin pot on top of it, maybe the heat wasnt getting distributed so ill try again without anything on the burner.

what have you done for water in yours anything?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky