Ref; Stuffer Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Alright, so I heavily hinted if I kept making sausage for the family, I'd keep recruiting family members into being cheap labour for the process when using my jerky gun to do it. Well, we aren't willing to invest in a huge expensive LEM stuffer or better <Honestly my method is to use cheap stuff first, if it works out, some day upgrade>.

So I was looking at the smaller of these models, and I am just wondering if I should stick with the 3L one or should I go with a 3.6L? The 3.6L Just looks a bit sturdier to me to be absolutely fair.

Has any one ever used one of these? Just wondering. We plan to amazon this and some casings so they'll get here in a few days, hoping to have some hot links done by sunday then maybe. Maybe Monday.

I have no experience with this stuffer but looks cheap made. Maybe if making small batches a few times a year it would be ok. If possible spend the money to get a good one. U won’t regret it.

I have no experience with this stuffer but looks cheap made. Maybe if making small batches a few times a year it would be ok. If possible spend the money to get a good one. U won’t regret it.
Issue is I can afford this..but not a 150 dollar stuffer.

It might work, but looks like it's going to have problems between the piston and cylinder from the materials used. I'd pass on that one. If you can swing a bit more, here's the 3L horizontal stuffer that I've had for several years and stuffed a few 100 lbs and it still works and looks good as new:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010PCQJRK

I would not buy that for the fact that the stuffing tube is to high off the table . . Save your money and get a nice stuffer .

Well my budget started as 30 USD..38 is more then I really have spare for this sort of stuff. It'll be a while before I get into 100 dollar ones..

I have some metal horns around from horizontal stuffers too. We'll see what happens I suppose. I wish Fleet Farm had some thing other then the LEM stuffer.

Tom I get it buddy . Slow down a bit . Cure some loins like you talked about . Not alot of cost there . Mix up and make jerky and uncased sticks and logs . Get a loaf pan and do some lunch meat . Save up . It will come in time .

Yeah, save up. Don't waste your money on cheap junk.

Actually saw via google search a model that was in my price range, that was reviewed here. Friend offered to order it for me, so I can give them the money back in treats. Fair trade. Oughta get here saturday. I don't mind doing some Sausage and BBQ for a stuffer.

Once I get the house hold hooked on the product it'll make selling the idea that much easier.. <Now I need to make more room for new kitchen toys. I was helping move stuff about and we discovered a sauce maker we didn't know we had. New in the box!>

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky