Ref; Spaghetti Ice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
This is some thing an online friend shared with me today. There is another version where they actually extrude ice cream to look just like spaghetti noodles! This version is a bit different but they gave me permission to share it :) My friend is from Germany, thus if any of the directions are confusing I can try to get things clarified.

Mix up
500g Curd cheese (skim or 40% fat works both, letter tastes better) *I assume latter is correct*
500g Mascarpone Crème
100g Powder Sugar
2 Sachets of Vanilla Sugar (2x8g)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (not concentrate!)

And gently mix in 400ml of whipped cream.

Purée 1kg of Strawberries (I prefer frozen ones, because halfway frozen they purée a bit better)

Fill the Cream into a bowl or small containers and top with strawberry purée.
Decorate with grated white Chocolate.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Enjoy!

There is infact, vanilla sugar as a thing to clarify; not white sugar. Actual vanilla sugar! I never knew of it before today!

I've included the pictures she sent me. You can get the idea of what it's 'Spaghetti' Ice then.

Apparently, she made it for an American style summer cook out of all things! Hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. So I had to chuckle because she knew I take actual BBQ seriously!

Attachments

• 20190618_225010.jpg
    20190618_225010.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20190618_225213.jpg
    20190618_225213.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190618_225413.jpg
    20190618_225413.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: crazymoon
I would be my kids favorite person in the world if I made a desert out of something that looked like spaghetti and tasted like ice cream. I might try to clarify the instructions via google lol and see if I can figure out it. Thanks for sharing

I would be my kids favorite person in the world if I made a desert out of something that looked like spaghetti and tasted like ice cream. I might try to clarify the instructions via google lol and see if I can figure out it. Thanks for sharing

So the toppings are the same, but for the spaghetti looking version, what they do in Germany is take vanilla ice cream, and force it through a spatzel press.

An article about it: http://www.thekitchenmaus.com/spaghetti-ice-cream-spaghettieis/

I don't have all the equipment but if you make it, let us know how you do it. <The link uses a potato ricer. I'd need to jury rig some thing or just go buy it. No Biggie!>

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky