Ref; Salmon. Smoking it..hopefully?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just read on the Thermapen blog that you do not want the internal temp to go over 120. The smoker temp should be at 160 or 150.

To late.. ..

That said it was good for mixing with cream cheese. Like because it was drier then intended, it also had more..body? Like it didn't turn to mush. Only had a half block of cream cheese so only chunked in one fillet. I only got to try it on one cracker before it was gone.. lol.

So, how long did you smoke? at what temp?, til an IT of what? I smoke all my Salmon with low and slow methods. The size of the pieces will determine how long and at what temp. Wish we could have seen some finished product pics.

So, how long did you smoke? at what temp?, til an IT of what? I smoke all my Salmon with low and slow methods. The size of the pieces will determine how long and at what temp. Wish we could have seen some finished product pics.
I had it started at 140f and went up to 190f. So ~5 hours.

I never could get a good reading. Next time I'll probably just do it at 170f for 3-4 hours and that is that. These fillets were never meant for this by the by. Quite thing. The maverick probe basically stuck out when I tried to put it in. Live and learn.

I smoke salmon like sausage, ,low temps to start then go higher. Never over 150 thou. Use a instant read therm. Pull at 145IT.

I smoke salmon like sausage, ,low temps to start then go higher. Never over 150 thou. Use a instant read therm. Pull at 145IT.
I did. It had wonky readings from 175 down to 120f. I should have gotten out the thermal couple because it's thread thin lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky