Ref; Just heard awful news.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tom , just some FYI . If she has health care through her work , she can not be denied . She would be switched to a COBRA plan . She would have to self pay at a set rate . Also there are disability options . Temporary , or long term .
Just might be worth some looking into .

COBRA is a cruel joke to most working class people. Most out of work people can't afford the co-pays let alone trying to purchase the insurance out of pocket on top of it.

I know, it astounded me as well..and she's still having to work..despite all this..to afford medical insurance.

Why is some one who is by any definition, effectively facing death required to work, to have help is beyond me!?!?

Thanks Don :)

Thanks Mr Bear!!

No kidding Tom. Her having to go to work to simply afford her healthcare at this point is beyond reprehensible. When if ever will we just do what is right for people? God bless her and her family, and you as well.

Tom there are many programs out there to help people in this situation she needs to contact social services for help with finding these programs. Most likely she already can get ssi or ss disability.

Warren

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks warren
That was my point above . Even if she files for temp disability . If she has worked all her life she is entitled , and they gladly pay because that's how the system is supposed to work .

Reactions: JC in GB
Chopsaw Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

All I dong here is trying to help out if I can. So many people are unaware of what is available out there and how to find it.

Warren

Tom there are many programs out there to help people in this situation she needs to contact social services for help with finding these programs. Most likely she already can get ssi or ss disability.

Warren

She's more aware of all the things she/can't get on and do then I am. She's one smart cookie, as is her husband. Her husband has done legalese things for companies for a living :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky