Ref; Cured Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
So I had a friend online bring this up to me actually. If pulled pork comes from pork butt, as does buckboard bacon, why can't you combine the two ideas for pulled bacon.

Has any one tried this? I was thinking of trying it now but I want to make sure it's not a complete waste of time, and would be safe to just rub a normal buckboard bacon cure amount on the outside of a pork butt and do the normal routine for 7 days and then cook it like a normal pulled pork butt.

I mean is pulled bacon possible or is this just a really bad idea to attempt?

I do it all the time, but I use a wet brine & inject the butt with as much as I can get in it. Then into a bag with the remaining brine. It does 2 things. One you get a wonderful hammy flavor, & two, you get a nice red color to the PP.
Al

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky