Ref; Corned Goose Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
So when the last michigan fattie contest occured the host gifted me a bag of goose breasts he had in his freezer..to try an experiment on..

I saw Steve Rinella from Meateater corn them..I grabbed a quick snap of them after take them out of their cooking liquid and I thought I'd share..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WY96u8SJi7CKL4i86

I'm not sure how to describe the flavour but..lean and gamey corned beef? I'll try to do a better job tommorrow when I have some for lunch with a touch of mustard :) I finished them in my instant pot.

Pretty much the only way I'll eat Greater Canadian geese besides pepper sticks. Speck's go on the grill with basic seasoning, Snow's get made into sausage or ground into chili or pepperoni sticks.

I wouldn’t call it a gift tom....

I don’t like cleaning them, and I don’t like eating them. But the team loves retrieving them so we’re gonna keep hunting them.

Seen the corned breasts before and thought about trying it. They end up in sticks around here. And even in stick form we cut them with heavy pork.

Glad you liked them.

Scott

Reactions: JC in GB
I wouldn’t call it a gift tom....

I don’t like cleaning them, and I don’t like eating them. But the team loves retrieving them so we’re gonna keep hunting them.

Seen the corned breasts before and thought about trying it. They end up in sticks around here. And even in stick form we cut them with heavy pork.

Glad you liked them.

Scott

Well sure was a gift to me :)

I think you should try them this way. Not that I have much comparison for any thing with goose, but it's not as gamey as I expected. I plan to vaccum seal most of what I made, so if it's around I'll bring a sample up. Hopefully it's just as good.

Some day I'll make my way over to MI to try this hunting thing with you all :)

“Some day I'll make my way over to MI to try this hunting thing with you all.”

You can waterfowl in Wisconson bud. Find some guys that do and get after it!

Trying to get the dogs out Sunday around here for early goose. Finally have a cut field to work with. Now all we need is birds.

Scott

I have a belief that there is no such thing as a meat you don't like; rather, you have never had it prepared in away that you liked.

LIKE from this guy! Good job.

Alright I meant to get a lunch out of this...

But the portion I set aside for my lunch in a tupper ware container, ended up in the freezer, after I vaccum sealed stuff for other people who couldn't make it for dinner.

<Incidentally, the bacon fried cabbage didn't last the first meal of course>

So I guess when my friend comes around he'll get that tupperware container and I'll try to make him take pictures and write up what he thinks. LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky