Redesigned my Mailbox mod, now having an issue?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JZ_Focus

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
York, PA
So I had my Masterbuilt smoker sitting on a picnic and my mailbox sitting on a bench connected by the flexi dryer hose. THis has worked really well for about a year and a half. However, it was time to give my wife the picnic table back so I built a new stand which located the mailbox on the same level as the smoker. The flow of smoke has seemed to decrease substantially, and in fact it seems like more of the smoke is escaping from the vent holes in the mail box.

My question is, does the mailbox need to be significantly lower than the smoker for the smoke to flow properly?

This is the current set-up with the revised mailbox mod:
smoker.jpg

I'm thinking I need to build a small shelf underneath for the mailbox, and then pipe it up to the smoker cabinet.

Yup. Sounds like youre on the right track. Lower the box.

Here's my stand setup. You can see how the boxes are lower and they have great flow.

20180609_044801.jpg

I guess this is a question I should have asked before building the stand I made. I definitely designed it for the width to have the mailbox to the side instead of below. I guess now I'll have room for a second Masterbuilt smoker.

Or a beer fridge
I had bought a commercial mini fridge last year for use when curing my meats and such and it was just too big for me to get down to my basement. I ended up selling it. Now I wish I had it back. Not that it was designed to be outside anyway, but I did have it outside and running for a little while and it worked pretty well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky