Red Mountain Spicy Jerky (Recipe)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Found this recipe. Sounds good and will make when i get to KY.
Dehydrator jerky. You can adjust per the amount of pounds you will make.

Ingredients:
1 pound of eye of round (trim the fat)
1/2 cup of coconut aminos
1 T of hickory liquid smoke
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 heaping tsp of onion powder
1 heaping tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1 T of habanero flakes. (You may have to dry these yourself beforehand)
1/4 tsp cure 1 (opt) your choice

Instructions:

Slice the beef (with the grain) 1/4" thickness and place into a large ziplock bag.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pour the mixture into the bag, zip, and massage for several minutes or until all of the beef has been covered in the mixture.
Place into the refrigerator for 24 hours. After 12 hours, invert the ziplock bag to ensure even more consistency.
After 24 hrs, place each slice of beef onto a flat firm surface or cutting board to pound the beef with a meat tenderizing mallet. To avoid splashing of the marinade, place the meat inside a heavy 2 gallon ziplock bag, release all the air before sealing the bag, and then pound (gently) to tenderize.
Lay the slices on the drying rack with at least 2" between to ensure adequate airflow.
Set your dehydrator to 160º F for 6-8 hours.
OPTIONAL: For an added kick, lightly sprinkle homemade habanero flakes on top of the slices just before inserting the drying trays back into your dehydrator.

Great recipe. Love the coconut amino instead of Tamari.
I would pound the meat before marinating. Broken meat takes in the marinade flavors better than intact meat.
Hmm, maybe that's that why the overload on the hab flakes?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky