• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Red lined barrels

gdragon

Joined Sep 13, 2008
I revived this necro thread back in 15. I burned. I'm not dead. Neither are any of my guests.

bob95065

Joined Dec 19, 2013
So in order to remove the liner do I need to get the barrel hot beforehand? Has anyone tried to remove the liner using Comet and Scotchbrite *without* heating the liner first?

I have a line on some barrels for $20 each but they are lined. If I can remove the liner easily I'll go for it. I would rather remove the liner before I start welding on the barrel.

Craig Ward

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 21, 2019
It's not easy but it can be done. I wouldn't bother with a burn, just throw on a half mask and take a couple of grinding disc's to it. Then make a commet paste and cover everything and use the grinder again. I had 3 barrels all with the orange coating and it took an afternoon to get them all cleaned out.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.