Recieved New Blade for Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I took suggestions to just get new blade for slicer instead of buying new slicer. Wasn't a lot of price difference but who knows what i would of ended up with. After looking at the old one probably could be saved by someone who knows how to sharpen. Went ahead and cleaned gears and re-lubed. I had to replace them years ago. I will be leaving the blade off during storage now as I thing that how it got dinged up. Shaved some of that Jerk Pork Tenderloin and new blade works great. Boy that pork tasted a lot better cold. Going to make some Cuban's for lunch.

Before cleaned

20210527_104035.jpg

Pork shaved

20210527_110515.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing like a good Cuban Sandwich. Looks good. Getting a slicer is next on my list!
I have recently bought a new manual slicer/ tenderizer and about to make only jerky this week...Took me a while to decide .. simple enough to pull out one set of blades for tenderizing and put in the slicer blades f.or jerky... I needed to know the width and thickness of meat it handled for a minute steak , the thickness the jerky it sliced, where it was made and absolutely had to have two brace clamps with a base. .. One hunting fishing business you would all know has the same that
I'm showing you what they sell for $200 for only one set of blades for jerky slicing . If you want a tenderizer too, you have to buy another machine from a different company they sell for another $200. I found out where they get their machines and also the ones from the Weston co. I
Pasted Graphic.jpg
bought one that has two sets of blades for $139. from the same manufacturer ...pays to do hours of studies..

Reactions: PPG1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky