Recently aquired a Brinkmann Stillwater and have a couple questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dameon

Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
So as the title reads I recently purchased a lightly used Original Stillwater for a great price, replacing my failing (read falling apart) Chinese made Brinkmann offset smoker.

After the cleaning and reseasoning I noticed a few leaks and have contacted the great people at www.BBQgaskets.com for some advice about what gaskets I should use in it. They were Amazingly responsive and helpful. Seriously suggest reaching out with questions BTW!

I am noticing, like many offset smokers, a serious hotspot near the firebox even how low the box is, the gauge of the steel and the small fire I had going. A water pan did not seem to make enough of a difference so now looking at a Convection plate modification many people seem to use Horizon Smoker's after market Convection plates, but I am having a heck of a time getting them to respond to email or return a call.

1) Will the 16" plate fit in the Brinkmann Stillwater? It looks like the measurements would work but hoping someone with experience could comment.

2) Is a wire basket for the coals exceptionally helpful? Seen some back and forth on this and kind of curious..

3) Any other suggested modifications?

Thanks,

Dameon

I just picked one up a few days ago. Did you ever figure out the convection plate situation? I feel like the horizon one should work. Especially seeming as how both smokers were designed by the same person.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky