Recent Activity Page (Is this forgotten?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Bear for the reminder.. I am sure this will be fixed I just don't know how quickly or how involved it is.

Going to nag the engineers now
biggrin.gif

Thanks Jeff !

I never know if reminding is needed or not, so I figure, "What the hey".

Bear

Don’t you get the most recent replies to everything you’ve posted in by going to subscriptions?
Arnie,

Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.

I wanted to check it out before replying to you.

You're right, the "subscriptions" is a big help for the time being.

Only thing is, it seems to only go back one week, but it is still a big help!

Thanks,

Bear

Go to the bottom of the subscriptions and click more.

It may be my imagination, but I think older posts are brought to the front if there has been any activity on them so you don’t need to keep paging down to view only active posts.

Go to the bottom of the subscriptions and click more.

It may be my imagination, but I think older posts are brought to the front if there has been any activity on them so you don’t need to keep paging down to view only active posts.
LOL--Even I know to click "more",
When I do it, it stops after a few pages---then I look at the date & it's usually 7 days back.

The "Recent Activity" pages go on forever, as long as you keep clicking.

Like I said, it does help, but it's not a replacement.

Bear

This is not going to help you but as long as a thread concerning recent activity has been created.... How do you clean up the activity ?

For example, the threads that you looked at a month ago and that you know that you are not going top go back to.  For me, the threads in jokes fall into this case - once I read a joke, I do not have to come back to it.

Cal
Hmmm, Good question.

I like them coming back, because I read all comments after mine to make sure I didn't miss a question, or something else important.

If people stop commenting on a thread, it will keep getting farther & farther back on the "Recent Activity" list, without a red number in front of it.

The only way I know to get rid of the red number is to open that page. (This will also be much better once it is fixed to work properly)

If you just ignore the thread & the red number, it will also keep getting farther & farther back on the list.

That's all I can tell you.

Bear

Oh, OK? I just checked mine. It went back more than 30 days. I think I cleaned it out to that last week

I clean my "subscriptions" page out every day, and it only ever goes back 7 days (usually about 100 threads).

Bear

Thanks Bear for the reminder.. I am sure this will be fixed I just don't know how quickly or how involved it is.

Going to nag the engineers now
biggrin.gif
Hi Jeff,

Keep nagging them. I'm getting old waiting.

It's nearly 4 months now, since we started this thing.

BTW: The Subscriptions page has the same problem, but it doesn't have as many pages.

Thanks,

Bear

Hi Jeff,

Keep nagging them. I'm getting old waiting.

It's nearly 4 months now, since we started this thing.

BTW: The Subscriptions page has the same problem, but it doesn't have as many pages.

Thanks,

Bear
Did fixing this problem get trashed?

Can't Huddler fix it?

Don't they want to fix it?

Seems like they just laughed & shrugged it off, saying, "They will forget about it eventually."

Well, it's hard to forget, when it affects your ability to use this forum properly day after day after day!

I even got Newbies PMing me, asking me how to get back to the page they were on, instead of going back to the first page all of the time.

All I can tell them is I've been trying to get that fixed for 5 months now!!!

Bear

9 months now & still the same.

Somebody made a lot of comments today, and now to clear them all off of the Subscription page & the Recent activities page, you have to go 6 pages back to page one for each thread.

Can't Huddler fix this?

You would think they could have done it in 9 months.

It really is a pain!

Thanks,

Bear

From what I understand from talking to Huddler the reason it does that is that when you hit back there is a script that auto updates the recent activity. Its not a stagnant page where it goes back to where you were. What I do to work around this is the right click on the post I want to view and open in another tab. Ill ask again but I believe that what you are looking for isnt available with the current active page that is set up.

I agree with ya Bear..  It Is a PITA..  I also would think that you should be able to delete any of the post off your profile page as well...   just to clean it up a little bit at your own discretion...   JMO

From what I understand from talking to Huddler the reason it does that is that when you hit back there is a script that auto updates the recent activity. Its not a stagnant page where it goes back to where you were. What I do to work around this is the right click on the post I want to view and open in another tab. Ill ask again but I believe that what you are looking for isnt available with the current active page that is set up.
I tried that Brian.

Opening it in another tab allows you to view it, but it doesn't get rid of the red highlight number which is your signal that you might need to answer a question. The first thing I do every time I get on is go through all of those, in case someone asked me a question. Because of this problem which I have never seen anywhere else, it sometimes takes so long to go through them all, that I have no computer time left to go to new posts.

Huddler has been notified many times, some of them by Jeff, in the last 9 months. Look back at some of the earlier posts on this 37 post thread.

Couples can make babies in 9 months!

The things that keep me on this forum are the ease of maneuvering in it, the wonderful people who come here, and the fact that they appreciate my help.

Thanks,

Bear

PS: Sent feedback form again.

Last edited:
I tried that Brian.

Opening it in another tab allows you to view it, but it doesn't get rid of the red highlight number

Couples can make babies in 9 months!

The things that keep me on this forum are the ease of maneuvering in it, the wonderful people who come here, and the fact that they appreciate my help.

Thanks,

Bear

PS: Sent feedback form again.

It does get rid of the red highlight number. But it doesn't do it until you refresh the page.

And just because a couple can make a baby in 9 months doesn't mean its the best decision.

It does get rid of the red highlight number. But it doesn't do it until you refresh the page.
And just because a couple can make a baby in 9 months doesn't mean its the best decision.
LOL on the Baby.

I checked, and you're right it does get rid of the number when the page gets refreshed.

For that I thank you very much. I will keep trying to do it that way, and once I get used to it, it might be better than having to turn all those pages for each reply.

My guess is that if I only have to click on "More" once, it might be better to do so, but if I have to go through 4, 5, 6, or like last night---7 pages all of those times, your way should be much better.

However the best way would be for Huddler to fix it properly, after 9 months of begging. Then no matter how many pages worth of replies get backed up, it will virtually be like only one page.

Thanks Again Brian,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky