Rec Teq*****

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danbono

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 19, 2012
North New Jersey Paramus
Hi I just had to repost this wonderful Rec Teq story.
Dan
Hey guys, it's me, the guy that had his grill stolen only to find it in a roadside ditch battered and bruised. I wanted to update you all on my experience with Recteq's customer service.
I'm speechless.
Recteq is the best company period. They requested some pictures and I sent them in.. After that, Trish (nicest lady ever), told me that they will replace the damaged replaceable parts for FREE.
But that's not what made me shed several tears.
They asked that after I fix the smoker, that I donate it to my local fire department and they will replace my grill with a brand new one!
I normally don't get emotional, but when she said that her and her team heard about what happened and wanted to give me a new Recteq, I cried...I'm still in tears.
This smoker brings my family together. This grill creates memories with my kid when I teach him how to cook on it. When people come to my house it's the first thing I would show them when they get a tour of the place. I've always been proud of my Recteq, and now I'll never consider buying a different brand.
So to the amazing people at Recteq, if you're in this group, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will fix "The Jackal" and clean it up like new and deliver it to my local fire department along with some ribs for them.

Awesome experience. Everyone wins except the thieves.

Just one more reason that I recommend Rec-Teq products to those in search of a pellet grill.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: sandyut
Wow. I knew they were good, but this tears it.

I damaged the lid of my practically new Rec Tec RT590 a little over a year ago, using an abrasive pad on it shortly after I got it.

I could only see the damage in certain light, but it bugged me. This was a new grillI and I like for my things to look good and like to keep them looking good, Which is what led to the inadvertent damage in the first place. I called them to order another lid, fully ready to pay, as the damage was totally my fault.

At the end of the conversation, I'm waiting for them to give me a price for the new lid, credit card in hand so I asked, how much I owed them.

They told me they'd cover it this time. I was flabbergasted and have told that story more than one time. Most anybody else, most any other company would have seen the opportunity to practically name their price for that new lid and take advantage. Not Rec Tec.

Looking back, that lid paid for itself for them no doubt many times over, because every one who asks me about a pellet grill, they are my first recommendation. Not only for the quality of the product but the quality of their service.

You treat a customer right, and he will tell others. Same as if you treat a customer badly.

Last edited:
Two great stories guys
Just think how kind this world would be if every company treated people like this.
And if individuals did as well
You treat a customer right, and he will tell others. Same as if you treat a customer badly.
Reminds me of Joe Girard* and his “Law of 250” ... if you piss off someone, you just pissed off 250. He canvassed funeral homes, and that’s the average number of people who attend/visit a wake. They're not there for fun, and know the deceased pretty intimately, so likely in that ‘word of mouth’ group.

*Joe Girard was a car salesman in Detroit, in the Guinness Book of Records (reportedly, when they sent 3 guys to validate his record, 2 bought cars from him), wrote books and did some motivational speaking. He passed in 2019. The above is from his book “How to Sell Anything to Anybody” ... aread it many many years ago, a fun fast read if anyone’s interested.

Hi I just had to repost this wonderful Rec Teq story.
Dan
Hey guys, it's me, the guy that had his grill stolen only to find it in a roadside ditch battered and bruised. I wanted to update you all on my experience with Recteq's customer service.
I'm speechless.
Recteq is the best company period. They requested some pictures and I sent them in.. After that, Trish (nicest lady ever), told me that they will replace the damaged replaceable parts for FREE.
But that's not what made me shed several tears.
They asked that after I fix the smoker, that I donate it to my local fire department and they will replace my grill with a brand new one!
I normally don't get emotional, but when she said that her and her team heard about what happened and wanted to give me a new Recteq, I cried...I'm still in tears.
This smoker brings my family together. This grill creates memories with my kid when I teach him how to cook on it. When people come to my house it's the first thing I would show them when they get a tour of the place. I've always been proud of my Recteq, and now I'll never consider buying a different brand.
So to the amazing people at Recteq, if you're in this group, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will fix "The Jackal" and clean it up like new and deliver it to my local fire department along with some ribs for them.
That is awesome Dan, you should smoke up a couple 3 packs of ribs and deliver them around 4;00 PM.
So they can have them for supper and see what the grill is capable of producing.
What a great story.
Dan

This story is an example why we recommend a Rec Teq grill every damn time a "Should I buy a this Traeger" thread pop up.
Instead of calling us a mob or whatever, take a minute to ask each of us what RT has done for us individually.
The company is great and per/$$$ no grill beats them. It isn't even close.

Reactions: kstone113
That's awesome. Make sense to donate it to the fire department since all they do is lounge around eating all day. Just kidding! As a career long hired gun I can't let an opportunity to make fun of a hose dragger go by unfulfilled. :emoji_sunglasses:

Great story! Love hearing these RecTeq stories. I've had great experiences with their customer service as well. This is one of the main things that sets RecTeq apart.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky