Rec Tec meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

velvetant

Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
Reno, Nevada
All these meatloaf threads got me hungry so.......another meatloaf thread.
Got my Rec Tec 680 grill a week ago and learning to cook all over again by smoking, the family is giving me a lot of leeway to try just about anything.
So I'm posting for the experts to keep me on the right path.
This is what I'm trying this weekend.
2 lbs ground beef
1 pound ground Italian sausage
Small Vidalia onion
1 Egg
1 1/4 cup Milk
1 1/14 cup Crushed Ritz crackers
Salt, pepper, garlic powder.
The top is getting serrated them an apricot glaze mix will go on at 135, 145 and 155 IT
Since it has pork I'm running the IT to 165 before I pull it.
Using Cookinpellets in the main hopper, the perfect pellet mix and using the Amazn smoker tube with equal parts Lumberjack 100% apple, pecan, maple for this run.
I'm thinking about 5 hours for a 3 pound meatloaf at 235.

Sounds like a solid plan. It's funny how threads show up in groups here. I guess everybody gets hungry for the same thing.

It's good to plan on 5 hrs. I'm thinking you will be done in 4. Most of my meatloafs are 3lbs. and smoked in your temperature range.

Let us know how it turns out and don't forget to post pictures.

Meatloaf does seem awfully popular these days. Are you going to pan it or directly on the grate. I normally cook meatloaf directly on the grate so it doesn't sit in all the fat, and smoke penetrates the whole loaf. Sounds like your on the right track - enjoy!!!

Chris

Now that the weather has cooled down I'll be working on a pavers porch in the back so I figured it would be a good time to do a smoke.
The wife or I will get some pics for sure.
It will be directly on the grill for all around smoke

I did some 1/2 pound bugers with 100% mesquite in the Amazn tube, 1.3 hours at 235 with 160 IT.
Added some chipotle bbq sauce at 145 IT then flipped and added more bbq sauce then pepperjack cheese added and melted at the end.
Best burgers ever made.
Can't wait to taste the meatloaf.

The big day is here.
Got 2 loafs made, 1 at 3 pounds and the other at 2 pounds, the smaller one I left out the sausage.
Dried out the pellets for the smoke tube at 200 for 1 hour in the oven. Using equal amounts of apple, pecan and maple
Wrapped up some potatoes in foil.
I'll get some pics snapped and posted later on.

Good looking loaves! I also prefer making mine with out sausage too.
Points for your first.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky