Real Company?-----Or Scam?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Has anyone ever bought & received anything from the internet company "Meat Processing Products.com"??

Here:

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem838.html

My son ordered a 5 pound LEM sausage stuffer with some other little goodies, as a present for a "Bearcarver" you might know. That was on June 29, 2 weeks ago. Today he tried to track it, and it said, "Warehouse pending". He thinks that might be a stalling tactic, trying to drag it out for 30 days, so he can't get his PayPal money back. He told me to ask you guys what you know about that company.

He also tried to call, and every time he selects an extension, like "Sales" or "Previous order", he gets a recording saying, "I'm sorry, we can't complete your call as dialed". They have not yet replied to his email either.

Sounds fishy to me too.

Did anyone ever order from them?

If so, did you get what you ordered?

How long?

Any other problems?

Thanks Guys,

Bearcarver

First things first..........he should file a claim in Paypal before he gets too close to the refund deadline in Paypal and simply pursue it.

If the company replies, then he can give them another week and if he still doesn't receive anything after another week, he can reopen the claim as ask for a full refund.

Anytime a company doesn't respond the flag goes up for me. I stick to Amazon.com myself. You could always contact LEM direct and ask them about there status with that Co.

Anytime a company doesn't respond the flag goes up for me. I stick to Amazon.com myself. You could always contact LEM direct and ask them about there status with that Co.
I'll pass that on to my son----Thanks.

They had the one with the steel gears, and they had the best price, yet not so much better that it made it look unlikely.

I actually searched it, picked it, and gave my son the link.

Bear

First things first..........he should file a claim in Paypal before he gets too close to the refund deadline in Paypal and simply pursue it.

If the company replies, then he can give them another week and if he still doesn't receive anything after another week, he can reopen the claim as ask for a full refund.
Good suggestion, I'll pass that on too.

Thanks,

Bear

Now has anyone ever dealt with them before?????

Bear

Meateater,

Got ahold of LEM. They said they haven't had problems with that company, but don't see my son's order in their wholesale list to that company. They took my info & are looking into it. After two weeks, the tracking shouldn't say "Warehouse Pending". LEM also said that stuff is in stock, so it wouldn't be backordered.

Thanks,

Bear

Bear, the 5# stuffer sold by Grizzly is the same as the ones with the steel gears.  You can buy one there and buy the replacement steel gears and still be cheaper than most others. 

I have heard a lot of people who have used the one from Grizzly for years and had no problem with the Nylon Gears, but if you do the Steel ones for LEM fit them.

Grizzly Stuffer $72.95

http://grizzly.com/products/5-lb-Vertical-Sausage-Stuffer-SS/H6252

LEM Metal Gears $29.70

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/4015/Vertical_Stuffer_Parts

Bear you might be interested in this.  It looks to me like it is a home business and is probably using a Drop Shipper.

The domain has only been active since March 2009 and it looks like a Yahoo Store Hosting.

It also doesn't show who is the owner just where it is registered so it has the owner info hidden with a private registration.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHOIS information for meatprocessingproducts.com :
[/font]
Code:
[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com][whois.verisign-grs.com]Whois Server Version 2.0Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registeredwith many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.netfor detailed information.   Domain Name: MEATPROCESSINGPRODUCTS.COM   Registrar: ENOM, INC.   Whois Server: whois.enom.com   Referral URL: http://www.enom.com   Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM   Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM   Status: clientTransferProhibited   Updated Date: 26-feb-2010   Creation Date: 10-mar-2009   Expiration Date: 10-mar-2011

Last edited:
Bear

I tried for 2 weeks calling them every day to reach someone in sales and they NEVER answered their phone - their price for the stuffer was the best I could find but with no human to talk to I had to finally rule them out -

After reading about people breaking the nylon gears and me also worrying about them I bought the grizzly and i really dont see how you could break them? its not like your turning the handle at a high speed, you are only turning at a slow speed, you just have to pay attention when you get to the bottom,  and im not sure that they would break easy from bottoming it out? its not hard. and i read you can replace the gears with the lem ones unlike the northern tool stuffer.

Last edited:
I jsut checked my email folder that keeps track of all my ON-Line orders and related messages.  I have an order with this company dating back to Jan 2010 for some insta cure #1.  Order was satisfactory.  So, at least in Jan they were viable.  Maybe the economy caught up with them.  BUT with such terrible relations, they're off my list now.  That's all it takes.  There are far too many other companies vying for my dollar to put up with this type of disservice.  Sorry for your problems, but another vote for the Grizzly.  Thanks to Beer-B-Q for the link for the steel gears.  I'll get them for a just in case situation.

Thank you all for your input.

Still haven't heard from that company, but LEM called back & said that they talked to "Meat Processing Products", and the order has been found, and my son's order will be shipped today or tomorrow by UPS directly from LEM. So I guess everything will be alright, however if something changes I will go the way of Paul (Beer-B-Q), and order the Grizzly. I had a lot of Grizzly's equipment in my cabinet shop---Jointer, Bandsaw, Spindle Sander, Grinder, Drill Press, Air Compressor, Shaper with Power Feeder, Lathe, Table Saw, and Dust Collector-----All Cheap (Taiwan) but worked surprisingly very good.

Thanks again,

Bear

LEM must have woke them up. Just got this:
On behalf of Meat Processing Products we would like to apologize for the delay in shipping your order. Your order is being shipped to you directly from the manufacturer. The manufacturer's normal order processing time is 2 to 3 business days from the order date before shipment. Unfortunately, there were some additional delays in this case due to our mistake, for which we do apologize. The manufacturer will be shipping your order today. 

Once your order is shipped, the transit time will be 3 to 4 business days to most parts of the US. We will send you a shipment notification email with your tracking number when your order is shipped. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding! 

Meat Processing Products

So I guess I should be able to make some nice Beef Sticks in the near future!

Thanks again guys,

Bear

Glad you called LEM and they helped you out it sounds like they at least set Meat Processing Products   right on your order but you can bet theres no way I'd order anything from Meat Processing Products   after your experience with them

Good deal Bear! Glad ya got it all straightened out.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

glad to hear you got it straightened out bear! the thing about Internet ordering that freaks me out is how anonymous it is. for instance the reply you got doesn't have a persons name on it, just the name of the company. seems fishy to me.

Bear,

Let us know what the resolve of this issue is after you recieve your stuff. I've never done business with them but it was one of the web sites I was looking at for a slicer.

Thanks

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky