Rainy Day Cafe' Con Leche

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
Fricking miserable day here in Western Colorado, so I'm kicking back, still in my jammies and sucking down some con leche's that are so damn good, I couldn't keep them from ya! I've got nothing against a good cup a cowboy coffee, but these are a treat every once in a while.

Buddy of mine got me hooked on these and when visiting this past weekend, he gave me a stove top espresso maker which rocks and makes just over one cup of espresso.

Here's how I do it.
Using any good espresso ground coffee, packed tight as you can and brew.
Add 3 heaping T. of sugar to brewed espresso, stir to disolve. At this point, you have Cafe Cubano, or Cuban coffee which is damn good by itself I usually have a shot or two of this.

Heat 2 C whole milk,to scalding point.

Divide Cafe' Cubano equally between four or five coffee cups, add scalded milk. WOOO DAMNNN!!!

Give'r a whirl folks!

All the stuff

WaLaaa! Cafe Con Leche

Thanks for checking out my java project.

Tracey

/ message sig

The java looks great. We will have to give that one a try.  I roast my own beans and really enjoy a good cup of coffee. Cold and rainy here in So Ca too and we are in the motorhome at a lake drinking some great coffee and mimosas.  I see a nap in my future LOL   

Quite the life for you two!  Lazing around in PJ's drinking fancy coffees and mimosas!  Must be nice.  You set a fine example of what Saturdays are all about -- keep up the good work! 
icon_cool.gif

Walle, if I hadn't just finished my pot of coffee, I'd be all over that idea this morning.  I'll have to try that tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks for the post! 

We are pretty serious about coffee

Here is my coffee maker - it even goes with us in the motorhome - Walle we will try yours this week for sure

c9ot_1.jpg

That's some good stuff, Tracey.  Luisa uses here espresso pot almost daily.  Even the decaf is good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Now i could have used a cup of that after shoveling snow again today for 2 hours!!! Thanks for the recipe,i will have to give that a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky