RAG what?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flareside92

R.I.P. Gone But Never Forgotten.
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
NW Iowa
From Wikipedia - "RAGBRAI is an acronym and registered trademark for the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, which is a non-competitive bicycle ride organized by The Des Moines Register and going from west to east across the United States state of Iowa, that draws recreational riders from across the United States and many foreign countries.[sup][1][/sup] Held beginning in 1973, RAGBRAI is the oldest and largest bike-touring event in the world.[sup][2]"[/sup]

This year, they are coming right by my house!

At first they said to expect anywhere rom 10 to 20 THOUSAND bicycles. Then I heard it was 25K. Last week I was told there were 8500 people registered so far and that 40% of the riders never register.

I am getting some small modifications done to my smoker this week but from here on out, I will be smoking meat every weekend and July 21 they will be coming thru!

I will try to get plenty of pictures of the prep. I am thinking pulled pork sliders, some Canadian bacon breakfast sandwich wanna be's, plenty of bottled water and powerade.

More to come...

RAGBRAI is an awesome event.  I rode in it in 2010 with a bunch of friends.  The riders were great and the folks in the towns just like you were REALLY great.  It's really overwhelming when you consider more than 10,000 cyclists invade your town and highways for a day, but it's so dang fun.  Someday, I'll be back....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.