Quick Thursday Night Surf & Turf w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks amazing. I’m going to have to get a cast iron skillet for my own grilling purposes. Thanks for the inspiration. Two thumbs up!

G

Thanks RS appreciate the like and kind words! I was lucky enough to inherit quite a bit of older lodge cast iron and it has really upped my outdoor cooking. You should be able to find some good deals on stuff this time of year. I think Home Depot had a 3 piece set for like $25 when I was there the other day...not sure of the quality but not a bad price!

John I have to agree...WOW

Fantastic looking meal, when are we gonna get smellavision as part of the forum upgrade..... :emoji_laughing:

Yep surf and turf I could do 5 days a week....and those t-bones looked like they were wanna be porterhouses.

Another fine looking meal, keep giving Robert a run for his money.

John

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Wowzers, scallops, beef and PBR!!! Quoting Julie A - "These are three of my favorite things", and you hit the nail on the head John. Perfeccccct.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Hard to beat surf/turf and PBR. The rolling rock was pretty good too though!

Whoa john!! Congrats on the carousel ride my friend!! When I read the thread I wondered how this was not featured...now it is though and deservingly so!!

Yep, happy to see this one taking the ride,
Robert

Thanks Robert appreciate the kind words coming from you! I didn't think this one was quite carousel worthy but it was damned good tasting!

John that dish looks fantastic The Scallops are one of my faves nice sear on them.
Richie

Thanks Richie! I learned the hard way to do cast iron searing outdoors now. Wife wasn't too happy when the house was filled with smoke and smelled for a few days lol

John I have to agree...WOW

Fantastic looking meal, when are we gonna get smellavision as part of the forum upgrade..... :emoji_laughing:

Yep surf and turf I could do 5 days a week....and those t-bones looked like they were wanna be porterhouses.

Another fine looking meal, keep giving Robert a run for his money.

John

Thanks John I appreciate the kind words. I agree we need smellavision as part of the next upgrade. Don't know if I can give tx smoker tx smoker a run for his money. He's on point 7 days a week with those meals!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
LOOKS GREAT!! My son and I love scallops done in the cast iron with butter. Going to cook some next weekend.

Thanks for the like! It's my wife's favorite meal and after going the cast iron with butter route I wont turn back! Honestly they were so melt in your mouth good I made some more the next night!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Fantastic. My only complaint with this post and all of your other ones is your beer choice. You need some better beer lol.

Lol I have a vast variety in my beer fridge that ranges from natty light to several expensive sours, porters, lagers, etc...always gotta have a cold one while cooking!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Man not sure how I missed this post. It all looks great. The scallops and salad is a plate my wife would eat daily if she could. Scallops are my go to for special ocassions for her. Yours look done perfectly!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Man not sure how I missed this post. It all looks great. The scallops and salad is a plate my wife would eat daily if she could. Scallops are my go to for special ocassions for her. Yours look done perfectly!

Thanks Jcam! My wife is the same way could eat this everyday. She prefers seafood over a good steak any day. Hoping they will have some sales here soon.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky