Quick Reverse Sear NY Strip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
Publix had nice thick strip steaks on sale yesterday, so picked one up for dinner today. Did a quick reverse sear on the MBG.

Salted and peppered the steak this morning and let it sit in the fridge during the day to let the salt dry the surface a bit. Ran the grill at 225 for about 45 minutes until IT hit 105. Pulled the steak, ran grill temp up to about 550. Seared both sides until IT hit about 123, then pulled from the heat. It cooked up to about 130 while I was letting it rest, which was my target temps.

Quite happy with this one as it was easy peasy with a fantastic flavor. Feels like no effort. My wife made pleasurable noises every 15 seconds or so while eating it, which on any other forum would be taken in a totally different context!

Forgot to take a picture right off the grill, but remembered halfway through dinner.
IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

That's exactly the way I like NY Strips! Love the thickness too. Perfectly cooked. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: mcokevin
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words! It was delicious, and enough left for a lunch this week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky