quick question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

utvolfan

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 12, 2008
Knoxville TN
I put 2 8lb pork butts and a 8lb brisket in the smoker about 4 hours ago and am getting some bad weather that is going to go all night. Should I wrap them in foil when I take them out and put them in the oven to finish cooking ?

it up to you, once it gets up to about 140 you really dont need the smoke to flavor, just the heat. If its going to get dangerous then take them is and stay safe. you cant enjoy it if you get struck by lightning!
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

That's some good advice right there!

Try to keep em in the smoker as long as you can to get good bark, but not at safety's expense!

It will continue to take in smoke it will not add smoke ring after 140* personally I would try to take it up to 160-165* with the smoke then wrap and put it into the oven at 250*

I see you have a MES. I recently done some briskets and finished them in the MES overnight at if I remember 220'. Use some liquid from the drip pan or apple juice and wrap in foil. You need moisture for the braising part to tenderize them. In the Am they will be fork tender ready for pulling if that is what you are going to do.

Good luck and here's the link and some QVIEWS.

http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...127#post199127

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky