Quick quart of pickles. GARLIC!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
While digging around in the fridge getting things ready for dinner. I noticed there was 1 English cucumber in the crisper. I didn't want it to go waste. So, it was a good enough excuse for pickles.
For the brine:
1/2 quart water
1/2 quart white vinegar
3 tbs kosher salt.
Bring to a low boil.

In a quart jar I added:
1/2 tsp pickle crisp.
Fresh dill. I didn't measure. But a lot! I love dill.
1/2 tsp dill seed
1/2 tsp mustard seed
2 tbs dried minced onion
4 tbs fresh minced garlic

Packed the jar with ripple cut cucunber. And added the brine.
Vacuum sealed and shook jar to mix everything.

PA231267.jpg

These are gonna be great!

OH BABY!! I've been making pickles based on stuff you've posted and recommendations you've made and they fly out of the fridge. I bet between what Tracy and I eat and sharing some with the neighbors (who love these things!!) we're going through 2-3 quarts a week. Heck, you don't even need a meal to add them to....they make a great snack all by themselves.

Robert

OH BABY!! I've been making pickles based on stuff you've posted and recommendations you've made and they fly out of the fridge. I bet between what Tracy and I eat and sharing some with the neighbors (who love these things!!) we're going through 2-3 quarts a week. Heck, you don't even need a meal to add them to....they make a great snack all by themselves.

Robert
I'm the same way. Grab a jar. And munch away while watching a movie. Lot better for you then candy and stuff.

Cracked it open today to give them a try. It was barely 3 days. But I figured they would be done because I sliced them thin.

PA261277.jpg

And they're done. Good, really good taste. A tad salty. I'll reduce it to two tbs next time.

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky