Quick “Stuffing” plate question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbo_c

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 23, 2020
Can you use it with the blade for a very coarse grind? Maybe it would be too coarse to bother not just using a knife.

Random thought.

Jbo

There is a blade called a 'kidney blade' usually with 3 ob-round holes, and it can be used with the knife for chopped meat. Not sure if the dedicated stuffing plate can be used with the knife.

Hmm. I guess the kidney plate is what I was referring to and didn’t realize it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess the kidney plate is what I was referring to and didn’t realize it.
Pretty much the same difference . Some just have 2 open sides for stuffing . Others have 3 kidney bean shaped openings , some have 2 kidney bean shaped openings . Mine has 3 large kidney bean holes . Works OK if the chunks are big . Smaller stuff just pushes thru . I only tried it once though .

I make some sausages grinding about 2/3 of lean meat through the kidney plate then the other 1/3 of fat and fatty meat through the 1/8 plate. Makes a nice meaty sausage. It’s a fast way of making a Lisiecka style kielbasa.

I was kind of thinking for a firmed ham kind of thing. So might be just the ticket.

Thanks.

Jbo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky