quetion on curing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scerati7638

Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
So i just got my 30inc masterbuilt and was wondering when im curing the smoker am i supose to do that without any meat? That was my original thought but looking back im unclear on that part

Also on a roofed in porch am i okay to cure this smoker in the rain?

no meat,  you want to burn off any oily residue or smoke out any offending smells take might take out your meat.

in the rain? covered?  NP there,   now off to the store to get the bacon fat for the curing.

Well turned out alright i used hickory chips it was thin white smoke the whole time the inside is pretty brown by smokes end so im testing ribs tomorrow

We opted for split turkey breast with applewood for today
My only issue has been when i load chips into the smoker the inital smoke although its fairly thin has a pretty strong smell
Any idea how to control that? I searched without luck on getting an answer

We opted for split turkey breast with applewood for today
My only issue has been when i load chips into the smoker the inital smoke although its fairly thin has a pretty strong smell
Any idea how to control that? I searched without luck on getting an answer
The best way, and IMO the only way to get perfect smoke in an Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse is to use an AMNPS Amazing Pellet Smoker.

Link:

http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNPS5X8

Also: It's good you have a roof, because electric smokers should not get wet.

Bear

Looks like were going to be cooked at 1hour 50 minutes for 3.5 pounds and the skins fairly crisp even as of right now

Last edited:
Thanks! It turned out great although i was disapointed in the quantity of meat left when all was said and done i could have easily ate the whole 3.5 pound piece on my own
Boston butt tomorrow if im lucky enough to get to the store tonight

Yup---Looks Real Nice from here too!!
drool.gif

Nice Job!
icon14.gif

Bear

I actually picked this up from wegmans it was vaccum packed in honey brine then i just did a paprika based rub on it let it sit a few hours at room temp with the rub and it finished at 2 hours at 275 with solely applewood

Was the breast partially cooked from Wagmans or is 2 hours simply enough to cook a turkey breast.  I'm just trying to learn.

BTW, the color of the breasts are gorgeous.

They were raw it was a half breast with the bone in

My skin was crispy in the smoker but somehow it got a little chewy while resting even with oventime te skin was so thick it didnt help
But on a safety note standback on the first cut the juices squirted out pretty obnoxiously

Absolutely getting the amazen smoke box the smoke never has been right with the masterbuilt its always smelled a little burnt ill be adding pictures off my butt later

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky