Questions from a Rookie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Duly noted Tropics, any recommendations? 
I have a Polder and a Maverick E 71 they are not expensive,I have checked both a few times and they are accurate 

All honesty every thing you cook,when you can monitor the temp will be amazingly tender,the tooth pick I use on almost everything it is fool proof test.

Richie 

I have a Polder and a Maverick E 71 they are not expensive,I have checked both a few times and they are accurate 

All honesty every thing you cook,when you can monitor the temp will be amazingly tender,the tooth pick I use on almost everything it is fool proof test.

Richie 
Alright, so no more stock therms, and the toothpick test is on point. Got it. I really appreciate the insight! 

No Chips, and I wouldn't soak.  I do use chunks every once in a while. We have a bunch of pecan split right now. But If I want a different flavor profile I'll go look and see what chunks I have.

The Maverick e-732 or 733 is a good unit to use for grate temps and for internals. Also, if your stock therm is not in calibration (and I would bet it's not), I would look at replacing it with a River Country unit. The Tel-Tru is also good, but about 3 times more money. Good luck, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky