Questionable beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

who24

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Hello all. Thought someone here might could answer my question. Just bought a rack of beef ribs from the local grocery store and noticed a concern when I got back to camper. Usually ribs are sealed tight with plenty of juices in the package after you pull the rack out. This package was not sealed so tight and there was virtually no juices with the meat. Should I be concerned? If so, why? Health concerns?

Last edited:
Was the package open?

Do they smell like that rotting meat/sweet smell?

If no, then i wouldnt worry at all. If the package was open or otherwise not sealed correctly then take it back to where you bought it and return it and get a new package of ribs.

I think as long as they smell okay and the color is good you should be okay; however, if something doesn't feel right to you take them back to the store and express your concern.

Better safe than sorry.

Bill

Thanks for the responses. The package didnt seemed to be open in any way and the color and smell was fine. Something didn't seen right though and probably would've taken back to the store had it not been such an inconvenience. So I took my chances and luckily everything turned out fine. Flavor was good. No upset stomach. Thanks again fellas.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky