Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alexqc

Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Hey people,

I have a question about making snack sticks.

I have made a few batches in the past, they all turned out pretty good. After grinding and mixing the meat with all the ingrédients, i usually stuff them in casing then let them rest in the fridge for a night before smoking them the next day.

The thing is that i have a friend that wants to do all the process with me to learn how to make snack sticks. Is it fine to grind the meat, mix with all the ingrédients, stuff them, then smoke them right away? Is the cure going to do is job?

Thank you!

Yes

Its safe to grind/cure/mix/stuff/smoke all in the same day. Cure is going to work regardless on the time its mixed in the meat.

If you need to fridge stuffed collagen cased sticks put a dry towel over them in the fridge.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky