Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  Hi Grim. You can add cure and spices. Also add sauce to the marinade if you like. Let marinade over nite. Be sure to pat dry before putting into the smoker/dehydrater .  Hope it turns out great!

Mike

Hi Grim. You can add cure and spices. Also add sauce to the marinade if you like. Let marinade over nite. Be sure to pat dry before putting into the smoker/dehydrater .  Hope it turns out great!

Mike
He's making ground jerky, so that might get a little messy...

Were you going to use pre-made (store bought) seasonings in your jerky? Knowing a little more about your recipe will make it easier to answer your question.

Duh ! It might take a while too! Maybe I should read a little slower.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Mike

MARINADE FOR BEEF, FISH OR TURKEY JERKY
3cups soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup liquid smoke
Mix together, let stand for 5 minutes. Add 1-2 pounds of meat and let marinate
for 3 hours or overnight in an airtight container. Drain, place on trays to dry   Do Not Overlap

If you want heat, add Crushed Chilli Peppers or Cayenne Pepper or any other Hot sauce/spice to the Marinade  If using a smoker, omit the 1 cup Liquid smoke from the Marinade.

This is the most requested recipe I get for My Jerky.  Me and My neighbour have an agreement.  He buys all the supplies, meat soy sauce, brown sugar and such, give it me, I cut and make the jerky, he sells it, I get 30% of that sale.  We have done close to 80 lbs of meat in that past two months, every other weekend we get together and do this.  He sells it to his coworkers.

I would try to keep the wet ingredients to a minimum if possible...... adding BBQ sauce is not strong enough to introduce flavor in small amounts in my opinion. Sauces like soy and Worcestershire are  more potent and add flavor in small amounts....  Its been a long time since I made jerky... I used to make some really good stuff but never wrote down the ingredients..... might have to give it a try again..... If you add the bbq sauce let us know how it comes out... would like to see your results

Last edited:
One cup liquid smoke for just a few pounds of meat? Wow. That sounds "off" to me. And the lack of cure #1 concerns me.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky