Question regarding the Recteq RT-700 wireless

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stainless

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
I was close to buying a pellet smoker about a year ago and covid screwed that all up with the delays and such. I kind of forgot about it until recently and started looking again. I'm now leaning towards the RT700 and had a question about the remote connection via smartphone.

Does the Recteq connect to your home wireless network, or does it bluetooth to your phone? The reason I ask is that it would be very convenient to monitor temps with the app while at work, but that would only work if through your home wireless network.

I was close to buying a pellet smoker about a year ago and covid screwed that all up with the delays and such. I kind of forgot about it until recently and started looking again. I'm now leaning towards the RT700 and had a question about the remote connection via smartphone.

Does the Recteq connect to your home wireless network, or does it bluetooth to your phone? The reason I ask is that it would be very convenient to monitor temps with the app while at work, but that would only work if through your home wireless network.

The RT700 connects your home wireless network.

Reactions: stainless

I monitor remotely all the time.

I placed my order for one yesterday. That was a deal-breaker for me if it couldn't. Looking forward to entering the pellet world of smoking.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I placed my order for one yesterday. That was a deal-breaker for me if it couldn't. Looking forward to entering the pellet world of smoking.
You’ll love it for what it is - super convenient which for me at the moment is important.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky